SANDAG Officials Look Forward, Explain Approach
In this new episode of The Rebuild SoCal Zone podcast, Rebuild SoCal Partnership’s Jon Switalski discusses San Diego’s Regional Transportation Plan with San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) officials: Hasan Ikhrata, Chief Executive Officer, Coleen Clementson, Director of Regional Planning, and Ray Major, Chief Data Analytics Officer and Chief Economist.
San Diego has embarked on a brand new vision of transportation with a data-driven approach that’s big and bold and has the potential to reshape the way residents move through their communities. SANDAG has taken a look at the people and jobs in San Diego and analyzed the way people move around the city. During this episode, Ikhrata, Clementson, and Major talk about mobility challenges and the approach SANDAG is taking to address them.
Learn more about:
- How cell phones have played a role in understanding commutes.
- Del Mar Bluffs stabilization project.
- Transit-oriented housing developments.
- Improving San Ysidro border wait times.
- Connecting Tijuana International Airport and San Diego International Airport.
Click play >>HERE<< to hear more about the impact on the San Diego region.